Gas Safety Week: Fighting for a Gas Safe nation
We are proud to be supporting Gas Safety Week 2017, taking place 18th – 24th September.
Gas Safety Week is an annual safety week to raise awareness of gas safety and the importance of taking care of your gas appliances. It is co-ordinated by Gas Safe Register, the official list of gas engineers who are legally allowed to work on gas.
Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. Every year thousands of people across the UK are diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning. It is a highly poisonous gas. You can’t see it, taste it or smell it, but it can kill quickly with no warning.
Whether you’re a domestic homeowner, tenant or landlord gas safety is incredibly important. By taking care of your gas appliances properly you are taking care of your home and loved ones.
Advice for Landlords:
Landlords are legally responsible for the safety of their tenants. Landlords should make sure maintenance and annual safety checks on gas appliances are carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
If you’re a landlord, you are legally obliged to make sure:
- Pipe-work, appliances and flues provided for tenants are maintained in a safe condition.
- All appliances and flues provided for tenants use have an annual safety check.
- Maintenance and annual safety checks are carried out by an engineer registered with Gas Safe Register.
- All gas equipment (including any appliance left by a previous tenant) is safe or otherwise removed before re-letting.
- A Gas Safety Record is provided to the tenant within 28 days of completing the check or to any new tenant before they move in.
- You keep a copy of the Gas Safety Record for two years.
You can find our gas safe registered engineers here
Contact us to arrange your annual appliance service, landlord safety report (CP12), installation of a CO alarm or if you have any concerns about the safety of your gas appliances. We Do Gas Safety.
Freephone: 0800 074 9132 | Email: email@example.com