Gas Safety Week: Fighting for a Gas Safe nation
We are proud to be supporting Gas Safety Week 2017, taking place 18th – 24th September.
Gas Safety Week is an annual safety week to raise awareness of gas safety and the importance of taking care of your gas appliances. It is co-ordinated by Gas Safe Register, the official list of gas engineers who are legally allowed to work on gas.
Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. Every year thousands of people across the UK are diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning. It is a highly poisonous gas. You can’t see it, taste it or smell it, but it can kill quickly with no warning.
Advice for Homeowners & Tenants
- Check your gas appliances every year. Gas appliances should be safety checked once a year and serviced regularly by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
- Check your Landlord’s Gas Safety Record. By law, your landlord must keep gas appliances supplied for you to use in good condition. They should arrange a gas safety check every 12 months and give you a record of the check.
- Check your engineer is Gas Safe registered. You can find and check an engineer at gassaferegister.co.uk or call 0800 408 5500. Our Gas Safe number is 11078.
- Check your engineer’s Gas Safe Register ID card. Make sure they are qualified for the work you need doing. You can find this information on the back of the card.
- Check for warning signs your appliances aren’t working correctly – Lazy yellow or orange flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks on or around the appliance and too much condensation in the room
- Know the six signs of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness.
- Have an audible carbon monoxide alarm. This will alert you if there is carbon monoxide in your home.
You can find our gas safe registered engineers here
Contact us to arrange your annual appliance service, landlord safety report (CP12), installation of a CO alarm or if you have any concerns about the safety of your gas appliances. We Do Gas Safety.
Freephone: 0800 074 9132 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org